Live music is one of the many wonderful things to be enjoyed in Second Life. First-class performers and hard-working managers and hosts deserve our support not only to show our appreciation but also so that our enjoyment can continue.

Where else can we enjoy such excellent live music at such a small cost ? Show your Linden Love !!!

Elvina Carlucci at Fleure's Enchanted Corner - Saturday 12 March 2011

.
French singer / songwriter / acoustic guitarist Elvina Carlucci gave her weekly concert at Fleure's Enchanted Corner last night.  Elvi jokes that she's a woman first - she wants our hearts and our money :))  Listen to her passionate singing of songs about loneliness, war, rejection and emptiness and you soon realise there's much more to Elvi than that.



Elvi streams from Paris.  She plays covers and originals and enjoys singing songs from a wide variety of genres including soft rock and ballads. She sings songs from Ben Harper, Mylène Farmer, Bob Dylan and many more.
.

.
She began slowly with Zombie one of the most popular songs by irish indie rock band The Cranberries -


Another head hangs lowly
Child has slowly taken
And the violence caused such silence,
Who are we mistaken ?

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family
In your head, in your head they are fighting
With their tanks and their bombs
And their bombs and their guns
In your head, in your head, they are crying ...






Her next song an original was outstanding !!  I could only catch some of the words ...


...do you see this man on the road
...do you see this girl on the floor
...do you see these people on the boat all sailing to the promised land


...the world is breaking down and something could be done
...the world is breaking down and something must  be done


...you see the world is blind and selfish .....


A day after the devastating earthquake and tsunami Elvi shouted -


" Japan we are with you tonight !! "



Next came another original  Dead End  I couldn't catch many of the words so here is just an impression -


I played with my gun ... how many graves
is it the end we deserve ...we kill a hungry nation


she will never be the same .....
they put me in a home in the middle of the sand ....


in the name of freedom I would die with my friends
how much time will we be blind ... is it the only solution ?


Normally very charming, Elvi's voice is harsh with anguish at times. Here was another song with social content, almost a protest song. You can imagine a north african or middle east context for it. There are so many in the news today !!



Elvi speaks excellent english with a very nice french accent, and you can hear her smile :))   Next she sang Butterfly by french rock band Superbus, which is a song half in french and half english.

She has a light, pleasant and interesting voice, and achieves a good balance of guitar and voice, volume and tone.

Half way through her concert there were 18 in the audience.




California's blues singer Ben Harper's Another Lonely Day followed -


Yes indeed I'm alone again
here comes emptiness all crashing in ......
so now just another lonely day ......




...and Waiting On An Angel again by Ben Harper.  


Waiting for an angel one to carry me home
hope you come to see me soon
cos I don't want to go alone
I don't want to go home alone


Now angel won't you come by me 
angel hear my plea
take my hand lift me up
so that I can fly with you


She sang this beautiful song so very well with the pathos and the emotion which it requires !!




With acknowledgement and smiles to Fleure Homewood and Hazideon Zarco who were both in the audience she sang -

Mrs H gonna give me some tenderness .....
Mrs H gonna give me some happiness .....
Mr H gonna show me some love .....


I think this was an original but I'm not sure :))
It was followed by Lost in SL which is definitely an original but I couldn't catch the ending of this one - a happy outcome is uncertain .....

I was lost in SL didn't know what to do
I was lost in SL when I met you
and now I love you !
.....
I want to thank you for all that you do ......

In real life Elvina sings with a french band called WETBOX and the last of her 13 songs was by this group.

You can find more about WETBOX on MySpace - Here

Thank you Elvina !!  Thank you Fleure !!


Elvina's Group has 191 members, she is managed by Marryan Daines.

Find out more and sample Elvi's songs on MySpace

Here is her Calendar


More about Elvina and many other Second Life live music performers can be found in our linked blog - HERE


Here is the SLURL to get to Fleure's Enchanted Corner
.

No comments:

Post a Comment