Live music is one of the many wonderful things to be enjoyed in Second Life. First-class performers and hard-working managers and hosts deserve our support not only to show our appreciation but also so that our enjoyment can continue.

Where else can we enjoy such excellent live music at such a small cost ? Show your Linden Love !!!

Maxx Sabretooth - Whispering Hearts Friday 14th January 2011



Maxx Sabretooth is another singer whom Dottie and I had had the pleasure of hearing before and we were very pleased to be able to attend his show on Friday.  He came to SL in 2009 and has been performing here for less than 2 years, though his musical career began much earlier - in Oklahoma at the age of 5 when he picked up his first trumpet !!


Maxx has 230 songs on his songlist - everything from Addicted to Love, to Build Me Up Buttercup, to Have I Told You Lately, to Mambo No 5, to You've Got A Friend.  His music spreads over a variety of genres - rhythm and blues, pop, jazz, soul, country, mottown.  He sings to backing tracks and whatever he covers he covers well !!



.
" Hey y'all :) " he welcomed his audience and began to sing in his rich mellow voice Phil Collins song - In The Air Tonight


I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment, all my life, Oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord, Oh Lord 

...... ..... .... ...




Like most musicians in SL Maxx takes requests from his audience.  Unlike most others he comes down into his audience to sing it, and if it is a girl who requested it singing right in front of her, or sometimes dancing with her -particularly if the song is smoochie and romantic.


He sang Stevie Wonder's song - My Cherie Amour


La la la la la la
La la la la la la

My Cherie Amour, lovely as a summer's day
My Cherie Amour, distant as the Milky Way
My Cherie Amour, pretty little one that I adore
You're the only girl my heart beats for
How I wish that you were mine ...... ..... .... ...





Whispering Hearts is a very pleasant venue set among trees and greenery with fairy lights above the dance floor.


He really rocked Wilson Pickett's song - Mustang Sally

Mustang Sally, think you better slow your mustang down.
Mustang Sally, think you better slow your mustang down.
You been running all over the town now.
Oh! I guess I'll have to put your flat feet on the ground.
All you want to do is ride around Sally, ride, Sally, ride.
...... ..... .... ...


" Lets wrap this thing up y'all !!  "




He sang 13 songs in his one-hour show - a good pace.  His last song of the evening was Louis Armstrong's song - What A Wonderful World


I see trees of green........ red roses too
I watch 'em bloom..... for me and for you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world 

...... ..... .... ...




Looking around I could only see 15 people at the show. A big audience for a popular show in SL is about 42, and this number is limited by the capacity in computer processing and graphics terms of the sim (or the server on which the sim is based).  


Maxx deserved a bigger audience.  He's up with some of the best performers in SL !!   Thank you Maxx !!  We really enjoyed your show :)


His calendar of shows can be seen at:
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=maxxsabretooth@gmail.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles&gsessionid=OK


Here's the SLURL to get to Whispering Hearts:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Whispering%20Hearts/127/86/1812/

No comments:

Post a Comment