Live music is one of the many wonderful things to be enjoyed in Second Life. First-class performers and hard-working managers and hosts deserve our support not only to show our appreciation but also so that our enjoyment can continue.

Where else can we enjoy such excellent live music at such a small cost ? Show your Linden Love !!!

Krisie Snowdrop at Kickin Club - 10am Saturday 30 April 2011

x
x
A fairly new discovery of ours is lovely Canadian singer,  Krisie Snowdrop, from Edmonton, Alberta.  Krisie is mainly a country artist with a beautifully smooth, melodic voice, which is an absolute pleasure to listen to.  She tells us that in the real world she is a Karaoke Jockey in two local bars, and this comes through into Second Life where she effortlessly creates a friendly and fun party atmosphere.




Krisie has written on her profile that she is a shy Canadian chick just starting out her singing career in SL.  Don't you believe that for a minute !!  She is established, and professional and some of her songs are certainly not shy !!
x
x
Kickin Club is perfect for a beach party and Krisie got us going well with a request for TRISHIA, Gretchen Wilson's 2005 hit Here For The Party


Well I'm an eight ball shooting double fisted drinking son of a gun
I wear my jeans a little tight
Just to watch the little boys come undone
I'm here for the beer and the ball busting band
Gonna get a little crazy just because I can

You know I'm here for the party
And I aint leavin' til they throw me out
Gonna have a little fun gonna get me some
You know I'm here, I'm here for the party

...... ..... ....




On stage with Krisie are TRISHIA Oconnell on keyboard, Trav Neox on guitar and Thomas Etzel on trumpet.  Krisie sings covers to backing tracks and says they are there to hold her hand :))  In reality I guess they are there because they want to have fun too :))

Another rockin' country song followed with Krista Marie's 2009 Jeep Jeep


Ripped shirt, suntan, and a camel baseball cap
doors off, aviators on
a faded pair, of blue jeans
he’s got a smile like I’ve never seen
speakers rockin to a country song
I’m sorry girls but I just can’t stay
got some better things to do today
he just called and said he’s on his way

beep beep
here comes my baby in his jeep jeep
he drives me crazy, bouncin up and down all around town in his bucket seat seat
he wants to take me on a back road
I’ll go anywhere he wants to go go
tough and sexy that’s how he rolls
in his jeep jeep

...... ..... ....




Krisie is fun, entertaining and effervescent, she loves taking requests and has excellent affinity and rapport with her audience.  She introduced her next song, Bonnie Raitt's Something To Talk About as an "attitude" song -


People are talkin .... talkin about people
I hear them whisper ... you won't believe it !
They think we're lovers ... kept under covers !
......   .....   ....   ...
Let's give em something to talk about ...

......   .....   ....   ...
How about Love !!



The party atmosphere just got better and better !!  There were 35 people in the audience.  Country music on a Saturday morning and Krisie's entertaining, full of fun, high-spirited personality brought in a good crowd of devoted fans and new followers joining her group.  The shop-owners all around on this sim must have been happy too !


Krisie continued with Dolly Parton's 1974 Hot Country Single Jolene

...... ..... ....
You could have your choice of men,
But I could never love again.
He's the only one for me, Jolene.
I had to have this talk with you:
My happiness depends on you,
And whatever you decide to do, Jolene.

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene,
I'm begging of you please don't take my man

...... ..... ....



Then another "attitude" song with American Idol winner, country singer and songwriter Carrie Marie Underwood's song Before He Cheats 

Right now he's probably slow dancing with a 
bleached-blond tramp, 
and she's probably getting frisky
right now, he's probably buying her some fruity little drink 
cause she can't shoot whiskey
Right now, he's probably up behind her with a pool-stick, showing her how to shoot a combo
And he don't know...


And it was impossible to sit still with Lionel Richie's Number One 1983 hit All Night Long 


Well, my friends, the time has come
To raise the roof and have some fun
Throw away the work to be done
Let the music play on
play on, play on

Everybody sing, everybody dance
Lose yourself in wild romance
We're going to party
Karamu, fiesta, forever
Come on and sing along!
We're going to party
Karamu, fiesta, forever
Come on and sing along!


Klary Davi - Kickin Club Hostess
It was worth going along just to hear Krisie give an amazing rendition of The Pussycat Dolls 2005 hit, the hot, steamy and sexy song Buttons 

I'm telling you loosen up my buttons baby (Uh huh)
But you keep fronting (Uh)
Saying what you going do to me (Uh huh)
But I ain't seen nothing (Uh)

I'm telling you loosen up my buttons baby (Uh huh)
But you keep fronting (Uh)
Saying what you going do to me (Uh huh)
But I ain't seen nothing (Uh)

Typical
Hardly the type I fall for
I like when the physical
Don't leave me asking for more
I'm a sexy mama (mama)
Who knows just how to get what I wanna (wanna)
What I want to do is spring this on you (on you)
Back up all of the things that I told you (told you)



and Klary Davi said it all with ......

WARNING: KICKIN SINGERS CAUSE:

WET PANTIES
BUSTED ZIPPERS
DIZZINESS
AND LOSS OF CONCENTRATION *


Kris Kristofferson's country music ballad Help Me Make It Through The Night finished off a wonderful hour of entertainment and great songs.
  

I'll certainly go along to another Krisie show.  Anyone who might turn their nose up at covers or country or karaoke is really missing out on so much fun and good music !


Here is the SLURL to get to the  Kickin Club
x

No comments:

Post a Comment