Live music is one of the many wonderful things to be enjoyed in Second Life. First-class performers and hard-working managers and hosts deserve our support not only to show our appreciation but also so that our enjoyment can continue.

Where else can we enjoy such excellent live music at such a small cost ? Show your Linden Love !!!

Jesse Ribeiro at Coconut Beach Club - 1pm Friday 20 May 2011


x
x
A singer with fantastic sex-appeal who really brings in and wows the girls is Jesse Ribeiro !!  He's a fellow Gibraltarian and colleague of Wolfie Moonshadow.


Yet again he's another great SL singer who last night I found just by sheer chance !!




Jesse is an accomplished musician in RL and has just recently brought his love for music into SL.  He is a writer, composer, vocalist, and producer who has been singing and playing piano since the age of 7.  

His favorite artists include Coldplay, Sting, Stevie Wonder and Gino Vanelli. Living on the Rock of Gibraltar on the border with Spain he sings fluently in spanish as well !x

x

And he began slowly with that deeply thoughtful Coldplay song  Fix You

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
...... ..... ....
And the tears come streaming down your face
...... ..... ....
I will try to fix you

Jesse's singing is very confident and accurate, talented and powerful.



Jesse's manager Michaela Rookstown
with partner Samee Passariello 


From englishman Chris Rea's 1986 album he sang On The Beach with words nicely changed for the venue :))

Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind those guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Coconut Beach
...... ..... ....

" Gorgeous "


Thanks to Beth McCaw and Ryan Warziders
for this great venue :))

Then  She Believes In Me  a song written by Steve Gibb and recorded by Kenny Rogers in 1978.

While she lays sleeping, I stay out late at night and play my songs

And sometimes all the night can be so long
And it's good when I finally make it home, all alone
While she lays dreaming, I try to get undressed without the light
And quietly she says how was your night ?
And I come to her and say, it was alright, and hold her tight
...... ..... .... 



*•.¸('*•.¸ * ¸.•*´)¸.•*
.•**`•WOW WHAT AN  °• * *.
.•**`•AMAZING VOICE °• * *.

 .•*(¸.•*´ * `*•.¸)`*•.



Vnus Dreamscape ... nice particles !!



Playing piano he sang an original he wrote several years ago.  Jesse said that piano is what he enjoys doing most and probably does best.

He dedicated it to Michaela who has given him so much help !
You Will Always Be is a romantic and tear-jerking song.

...... ..... ....
Blood red are the streamers left behind
...... ..... ....

He told us that singing has been a life-long passion since he was 5 years old. Now he has his own recording studio and performs a lot in the real world.


Justme Carlucci

Another original followed with  Little Song 


Dang !!!  the stream skipped and sound broke up repeatedly over a 5 minute period.  We cursed but Jesse persevered and the audience kept their frustrations in check.  Eventually all was sorted out :))

"He's amazing"




Chizay Bluebird



There were only 17 people in the audience and Jesse has the potential for 40 or more when he is better known !!

Then a beautiful emotional romantic song in spanish with perfect accent.

" Vnus just nail him to the bedroom wall and have him sing to you in bed "






Kira Snowfield



Even more was to follow as he sang George Michaels's sexy oh so smexy !! version of Roxanne 


Roxanne
You don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell your body to the night


Roxanne
You don't have to wear that dress tonight
Walk the streets for money
You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right
...... ..... ....


*•.¸(`*•.¸ * ¸.•*´)¸.•*
.•**´¨`• BEAUTIFUL! •´¨`**•.
  ¸.•*(¸.•*´ * `*•.¸)`*•.¸   





Chele Spitteler


He played piano and sang a song he wrote 7 years ago  Friend
His piano is relaxing, accomplished, polished :))


Sometimes I laughed 
Sometimes I cried
Tell me why

How can I forever live a life like this
We should have been together 

It was a sad song


?´·.¸¸.?  ? Play It So Sweetly ?  ?´·.¸¸.?






Jesse followed with a magical rendition of Angels   biggest selling UK single from british singer / songwriter Robbie Williams.  

I sit and wait
does an angel contemplate my fate
and do they know
the places where we go
when we're grey and old
'cos I've been told
that salvation lets their wings unfold
so when I'm lying in my bed
thoughts running through my head
and I feel that love is dead
I'm loving angels instead
...... ..... ....

And he dedicated the song to someone who sadly was not in the audience.







Then again from english alternative rock band and one of the biggest bands of the new millenium,  one of Coldplay's greatest hits  The Scientist

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you
Tell you I need you
Tell you I've set you apart


Tell me your secrets
And ask me your questions
Oh, let's go back to the start
...... ..... ....
Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
...... ..... ....

" Mercy !! "
" Beautiful :)) "



and from their year 2000 debut album Parachutes  Yellow

....... ..... ....
I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh all the things you do
Cause you were all yellow

I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow
...... ..... ....
" Jesse this is wonderful "






" Thanks to Beth and Ryan for having us "
" Tip the venue "

" My name is Jesse Ribeiro and I love you !! "



Summing up, Jesse is very talented, popstar material.  He's strong, romantic, quiet at times with a very flexible voice.  He's very entertaining and puts on a great show :))  Yes I'll definitely go to listen to him again !


Further information about Jesse and many other Second Life live music performers can be found in our linked blog HERE


Ryleigh Sorbet


Coconut Beach Club is in a skybox which, as you can see from the photos has a good range of shops selling fashionable womens' clothes :))




Here's the SLURL to get to Coconut Beach Club
x

No comments:

Post a Comment