Live music is one of the many wonderful things to be enjoyed in Second Life. First-class performers and hard-working managers and hosts deserve our support not only to show our appreciation but also so that our enjoyment can continue.

Where else can we enjoy such excellent live music at such a small cost ? Show your Linden Love !!!

Jimmyt49 Dukes at Moonshines Rockin' Blues Club - Thursday 21 April 2011

x
x
Dottie and I can't get enough of blues rock and on Thursday night we had the opportunity to go listen to Jimmyt49 Dukes, one of the greats of this genre in Second Life.  Jimmyt is a well-established performer in SL, very talented, very entertaining and very comfortable with his audience.






I'm not sure where Jimmyt is from, certainly the south, Texas or Virginia or somewhere in between y'all :))  He's an awesome guitarist and strong personality full of energy and power.  His voice is gravelly and throaty and full of grit !!  We had heard him twice before, at The Cottonfield, and at Fleure's Enchanted Corner, and now at steamy and swampy Moonshines Rockin' Blues Club, a new venue for us.
x
x
Jimmyt opened with one of his trademark phrases :))


" Oh my goodness gracious !! "

He then announced that something good might be happening in the real world with a recording contract !!  He didn't say more but if it's good he deserves it !!

He is heavily influenced by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Joe Bonamassa.  As well as great renditions of their songs he plays some great originals and he began with one of those  Hellfire

mmmm .....      yeah ....
It's been a long hard road I've travelled 
I've left some wreckage along the way
I had to learn to choose my battles .. yeah
and learn to fight another day
oh it's hellfire !!
....... ..... ....

This one is slow heavy blues rock ... a good opener for stretching the muscles.

" That's right oh my goodness gracious a Jt original "


Luna Wood - Jimmyt's Wife and Manager



Next a slow blues with Stevie Ray Vaughan's The Sky is Crying

The sky is cryin'
Can't you see the tears roll down the street ?
The sky is cryin'
Can't you see the tears roll down the street ?

I've been looking for my baby
And I wonder where can she be ...... ..... ....



Wikipedia tells us that Stevie Ray Vaughan was born in Dallas and was an important figure in Texas Blues, a loud, swing-driven fusion of blues and rock. He died in Wisconsin in 1990 at the age of 35 when his helicopter crashed into a nearby ski slope on leaving a concert at the Alpine Valley Music Theatre.

Swamp Guide - Bliss Mellison


" Somebody said I sound like I'm from Louisiana, I have to do something  !  "

And he did just that with a great rendition of Marc Broussard's  Home

....... ...... .... ...
Could feel the sun about to rise
When I realized we had nothing to fear
It's just me and my daddy and a kid named Cope
Making music that nobody would hear
And then the sun let up and it split the night
Spilling over our jubilee
Ten thousand cars by the side of the road
Grooving far as the eye can see

Said take me home
Take me home
Said take me home
Said take me home

This greyhound is delta bound mama ......



It was almost better than the original !!

?-.¸·´`·.¸.·? GREAT SONG ! ?·.¸·´`·.¸.-?

Easter Bunny - Southern Riptide


" Two requests here but don't make me do the rabbit song !! "


Joe Bonamassa If Heartaches Were Nickels


I wish you could see me
All broken down this way
But even if you saw me, baby
I know I still couldn't make you stay
Couldn't make you stay

You know about the high cost of loving
But someday, someday
You're gonna have to pay

Gonna have to pay 


Well what a fine rendition of a great blues rock favourite !!  


Wikipedia tells us that Joe Bonamassa was born in New York State in 1977. His parents owned and ran a guitar shop and by the age of 7 he was playing Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix tunes.  Bonamassa has cited his influences as being British and Irish blues acts, rather than American acts. Bonamassa found the English blues, fostered by notable musicians such as the Jeff Beck Group, Eric Clapton, and the Irish blues player Rory Gallagher to be far more interesting to him than the original Delta blues players.


" Lets get the house a rockin' !! "


Stevie  Ray Vaughan's The House Is Rockin'

Well - The house is a rockin' don't bother knockin'
Yeah - The house is a rockin' don't bother knockin'
Yeah - The house is a rockin' don't bother come on in

Kick off your shoes start losin' the blues
This old house ain't got nothin' to lose
Seen it all for years start spreadin' the news
We got room on the floor come on baby shake 



?(`'·.¸:•.•:*¨*??*¨¨*:•.•:¸.·'´)
:::.-:*  !!! Rock It Out Jimmy !!!  *:-.:::
?(¸.·'´:•.•:*¨*??*¨¨*:•.•:`'·.¸)?


" Y'all  oh mercy !! "

" I said it's cold outside "

Sloe Gin Joe Bonamassa 


Sloe Gin, sloe Gin
Tryin' to wash away the pain inside
Well I'm sick and I'm all done in
And I'm standing in the rain
And I feel like I'm gonna cry

I'm so damn lonely
And I ain't even high
I'm so damn lonely
And I feel like I'm gonna die

Mayday, mayday I've been shot down
Over the stormy sea
Well I feel that I'm drifting away
Can not seem to get a grip on me
Well. I can't even try


Jimmyt played some powerful and lovely slow songs great for slow slinky smoochy dancing.

"Red Girl is singing like an angel "


Red Girl is one of his guitars built with wood from a mantelpiece ... its a Frankenburger .... parts from everywhere.

Jimmyt was proud to tell us that some of the keyboard work on his tracks was done by his wife Luna.

" I think she kicked ass on this one "

Dottie wielding the hammer that killed John Henry


John Henry is an American folk hero, notable for having raced against a steam-powered hammer and won, only to die in victory with his hammer in his hand.  The truth about John Henry as the strongest man alive is obscured by time and myth, but one legend has it that he was a slave born in Missouri in the 1840s and fought his notable battle with the steam hammer along the Chesapeake and Ohio Railway in Talcott, West Virginia. Another theory is that the competition took place in Leeds, Alabama.  It is said to have happened in Oak Mountain Tunnel, which is supposedly haunted by his ghost.  Many engineers will blow their horns in honour of John Henry before entering the North end of the tunnel.

Ballad of John Henry by Joe Bonamassa

Who killed John Henry , in the battle of sinners and saints
Who killed John Henry , in the battle of sinners and saints

Take this hammer carry it to the Captain , Tell him why I’m gone
Take this hammer carry it to the Captain , Tell him I’m goin’ home

I don’t want your cold iron shackles 'round my leg
I don’t want your cold iron shackles 'round my leg

Who killed John Henry , in the battle of sinners and saints
Who killed John Henry , in the battle of sinners and saints

I’m a long way from Colorado , a long way from my home
Get the hammer that killed John Henry , won’t kill me no more
Gimme the hammer that killed John Henry , cos it won’t kill me
Gimme the hammer that killed John Henry , cos it won’t kill me
..... .... ...

Jimmyt's rendition of this one was powerful and brilliant, raw and strong, and another highlight of his gig for me !!


Bliss told us she uses her hammer to chase the rats there in the swamp :))




There were 32 people in the audience at the end of the show.


He ended with a characteristic evil laugh :))
" Oh my mercy ... Moonshines always a good time here "


" Thank you so much for your generosity and hospitality and thanks to owner Shadow Tarber "

"Thank you so very much everybody  ... Peace love and happiness "






Here's the SLURL to get to Moonshines Rockin' Blues Club
x

No comments:

Post a Comment