Live music is one of the many wonderful things to be enjoyed in Second Life. First-class performers and hard-working managers and hosts deserve our support not only to show our appreciation but also so that our enjoyment can continue.

Where else can we enjoy such excellent live music at such a small cost ? Show your Linden Love !!!

Stella Silvansky at Sunset Jazz Club - Thursday 30 December 2010



The recently refurbished and enlarged Sunset Jazz Club was packed out to hear Stella Silvansky sing some of her favourite songs from her extensive songlist.


Stella sings to backing tracks and performed very professionally and strongly songs of Bryan Adams, Bonnie Raitt, Bruno Mars and other artists.




.
Among them was a powerful rendition of one of Dottie's and my favourite songs from Bruno Mars. We were singing along together to - Grenade

I’d catch a grenade for ya
Throw my hand on a blade for ya
I’d jump in front of a train for ya
You know I'd do anything for ya
I would go through all this pain, Take a bullet straight through my brain,
Yes, I would die for ya baby ; But you won't do the same ..... .... ...


Stella is very up-beat with a pretty, light and clear singing voice.  Her speaking voice and laughter are melodious too :))  She's a good entertainer connecting well with her audience and teased us with her chatter about the very warm and sunny weather at her home in Hawaii. It was good to hear all about that living in the winter darkness of the north of Scotland or snowy New York ! 




Then Stella sang a favourite Bonnie Raitt song of mine - 
Something To Talk About

People are talkin .... talkin about people
I hear them whisper ... you won't believe it !
They think we're lovers ... kept under covers !
......   .....   ....   ...
Let's give em something to talk about ...
......   .....   ....   ...
How about Love !!




Then another favourite from Nashville's Rascal Flatts - 
Bless The Broken Road 


I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you



Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you



Dottie and I enjoyed The Sunset Jazz Club as always.  We will definitely go and listen to Stella Silvansky again, and look out for her singing with Maximillion Kleene which she sometimes does.


Stellllllaaaaaaa !!   You're brilliant !!




Sunset Jazz Club is a lovely venue on Laurel Arts Isle.  It is beautifully designed and built to an opulent ancient egyptian theme with a warm and friendly atmosphere and great dance balls.  The Club was established in 2004 and was the first live jazz club in SL.  It is owned by Circe Broom.


Laurel Arts Isle is home to 4 live music venues and a poetry venue.  Join the Group - Circe's Circle of Sound for more information.


Here's the SLURL to get to The Sunset Jazz Club:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Laurel%20Arts%20Isle/148/79/301/



No comments:

Post a Comment